DHMO - US conspiring to cover up?

• Thread starter EL
  • Start date
In summary, the current allegations suggest that the United States Environmental Protection Agency may be conspiring to cover up the whole DHMO issue. Attempts by DHMO researchers to elicit comment from the EPA regarding the possible coverup were either ignored or dodged, leading researchers to infer the alleged coverup.
EL
Science Advisor
www.dhmo.org said:
Current allegations suggest that the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) may be conspiring to cover up the whole DHMO issue. Attempts by DHMO researchers to elicit comment from the EPA regarding the possible coverup were either ignored or dodged, leading researchers to infer the alleged coverup.

For details, see:
http://www.dhmo.org/

Physics news on Phys.org
Someone from Sweden has no right to point the finger at the US. During the Olympics, the Swedish hockey team was suspected of slipping DHMO into their drinks in order to improve their athletic performance. Crafty move since the Olympic committee never tests for the presence of DHMO in athletes' urine.

Actually I don't think WADA has ever seen DHMO as a problem. It's not even on their list: http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/document/list_2005.pdf
Hence, even if the players had been revealed, I guess it would have been pretty hard to judge them officially. On the other hand, their reputations would of course have been damaged for life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently moved to a new area of the UK, and some new neighbours are telling me that a study a few years ago suggests that my water supply might be contaminated with DHMO. Now I'm not too worried, because apparently they put it in Tesco's own brand Ginger Ale, and I drink a load of that too and nothing ever bad has happened to me, but even so.

One of my mates who plays Rugby competitively for the region has also admitted to me that she has been putting DHMO in her water bottle before a match, I don't know whether to report her to her coach or not!

This stuff's getting out of hand!

DHMO in Ginger Ale? What's happening with our world?!
This may be even a bigger crisis than I suspected...

EL said:
Actually I don't think WADA has ever seen DHMO as a problem. It's not even on their list: http://www.wada-ama.org/rtecontent/document/list_2005.pdf
Hence, even if the players had been revealed, I guess it would have been pretty hard to judge them officially. On the other hand, their reputations would of course have been damaged for life.
They're hockey players, for crying out loud! It's virtually an open secret. You can pretty well bet the farm that every hockey player missing teeth have been pretty heavy users of DHMO. And they show a noticeable lack of regret:

Finnish forward Teemu Selanne said:
If you lose a couple of teeth on the way to a gold medal I think it's a small price to pay

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a frequent DHMO user and I promise it has done me no harm whatsoever. I know my limit and I can say no when I've had enough. My mental and physical abilities have only improved since I first tried DHMO. I would reccomend it to absolutely anyone, so long as they learn their limits and only take it in the proper manner. There have been deaths related to over-consumption, but none that couldn't have been avoided if only the public were better educated on the risks. The substance itself is not the problem (in fact it is safer and harder to misuse than alcohol and can infact reduce the risks from alcohol over-consumption if used together), but simply carelessness and lack of education. I want to see DHMO in every household in the world within my lifetime.

matthyaouw said:
I'm a frequent DHMO user and I promise it has done me no harm whatsoever. I know my limit and I can say no when I've had enough. My mental and physical abilities have only improved since I first tried DHMO. I would reccomend it to absolutely anyone, so long as they learn their limits and only take it in the proper manner. There have been deaths related to over-consumption, but none that couldn't have been avoided if only the public were better educated on the risks. The substance itself is not the problem (in fact it is safer and harder to misuse than alcohol and can infact reduce the risks from alcohol over-consumption if used together), but simply carelessness and lack of education. I want to see DHMO in every household in the world within my lifetime.

You're using the same old excuses that DHMO users have used for years. Just because it doesn't cause you any harm doesn't mean that it can't be dangerous. I nearly ended up in hospital earlier this year due to a high presence of DHMO in my local area, which I was not aware of.

You say you want it in every household, but far too many households in the past few years (even in the UK) have had levels of DHMO so high that they've been forced to relocate until the level subsides. While you say you think education is the key, it can only help so far, - sometimes DHMO contaminates peoples homes through no fault of their own, and through no fault of anyone else (the water companies etc), and it's situations like this where DHMO is at its most dangerous, and where education will do absolutely no good at all.

People post this junk about once a month and it wasn't even funny the first time.

I was talking about controlled use. Comparing purified DHMO for personal use and naturally occurring 'raw' DHMO is rather meaningless. Raw DHMO has only forced people to relocate when present in quantities many times greater than the purified stocks that people will keep in their homes. Naturally occring DHMO is a problem I'll admit. It and its many impurities can cause illness or death. It is something that we'll have to live with however. Studies have shown DHMO is a nessecary part of ecosystems- experimental and observational data have shown that DHMO depleted rivers and lakes support few or no fish, and their beds can become overrun with plants unable to support the vareity of insect larvae a healty river should have. Complete removal of DHMO from our watercourses, even if it were possible, would be an ecological disaster.

russ_watters said:
People post this junk about once a month and it wasn't even funny the first time.

Heh heh heh, yes it waassss!

russ_watters said:

I knew it. I knew it!
Mr Sunshine has spoken...:wink:

I'm pretending I'm not too late.

brewnog said:
You're using the same old excuses that DHMO users have used for years. Just because it doesn't cause you any harm doesn't mean that it can't be dangerous. I nearly ended up in hospital earlier this year due to a high presence of DHMO in my local area, which I was not aware of.

You say you want it in every household, but far too many households in the past few years (even in the UK) have had levels of DHMO so high that they've been forced to relocate until the level subsides. While you say you think education is the key, it can only help so far, - sometimes DHMO contaminates peoples homes through no fault of their own, and through no fault of anyone else (the water companies etc), and it's situations like this where DHMO is at its most dangerous, and where education will do absolutely no good at all.

This stuff was, I believe, the majority portion of the toxic swill that ate at the arms and legs of the rescuers down in New Orleans after Katrina hit. All that fertilizer, kitchen chemicals, pipe uncloggers, was nothing compared to THIS stuff.

EL said:
For details, see:
http://www.dhmo.org/
Frist off
epaeqcia.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Why are you taking seourisly.The CIA = EPA :rofl: Why do conspricay thoerist does that kind of stuff.
In spite of a direct query for information, the EPA refused to deny the existence of a coverup.
The always do that.If you watched the episode of Mythbuster where doing the FBI ice bullets.They sent a letter to the FBI and the FBI basically said "Were not going coment on this" they thought that they were saying"we have but were not going to tell you".They did the test and turns it wasn't ture.
The researcher went on to ask, point blank, "Are you asking me to participate in some sort of coverup?" And, "Do you deny that the EPA is purposely keeping quiet on the issue of Dihydrogen Monoxide?" For whatever reason, the EPA would not say, offering no comment on the questions at all.
He doens't say the reserachers names and the reserches of what.
Draw Your Own Conclusions
I have my own conclusion: That Tom Way is a crazy PETA eviromentalist and he wants people become aware of DHMO so he made this up to make the government look like that being run by non-enviromentlist so that people will start voting for Greens.
Also any Consipracy site that says "Draw you own Conclusions" is not ture
On more thing that very funny:
Although we are not funded by the EPA, we are loosely affiliated with the US Environmental Assessment Center's Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division. This affiliation was created in an effort to make information available to the public in an expedient fashion, and to provide a public forum for the ongoing DHMO debate.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
They're saying that EPA isn't doing anything about DHMO and the have loose affliton with them?:confused: :rofl: :rofl
EL said:
DHMO in Ginger Ale? What's happening with our world?!
This may be even a bigger crisis than I suspected...
It gets worst it contamentis our oceans, lakes etc. and I herd comes in rain and contaiments plants and animals
but wait what is Dihydrogen monoxide?
Think 2 hydrgones and one oxygen think:It's H2O water
I can't belevie anyone taking seorisly.Water doesn't have any negtive effect environment and the EPA is not going study the health of water.
It looks like a hoax.I almost fell for it.I hope we can clean the contamtion really soon.
You are aware of this right.

Last edited:
scott1 said:
It looks like a hoax.I almost fell for it.

Almost?:uhh: :tongue:
Thanks scott1, you're just too cute!:smile:

scott1 said:
... almost ...
If this word was at the beginning of the post, well...

Man, I am slow. I just got it two days later. :mad:

Chi Meson said:
If this word was at the beginning of the post, well...
I didn't borther to look up the DHMO means I just looked at the conspricay stuff then I saw what DHMO stand for.I also misread as
Dehydrogen monoxide
Ok maybe I did fall for it but I fell this the 3rd starting to get annoying

Last edited:
Seriously, I've noticed there seems to be a big difference between how easily satire is recognized (and also how well it is appreciated) in different parts of the world. I guess it's really a European thing, right?
Some weeks ago I tried to start a satiric thread in the Politics and World Affairs section about US invading Mexico, but to my surprise people (mostly non-european) instead took me literally, and started call me crazy and so on...and before I knew it the thread was locked by the (non-european) mentors who appearantly didn't get the satire either...

EL said:
Seriously, I've noticed there seems to be a big difference between how easily satire is recognized (and also how well it is appreciated) in different parts of the world. I guess it's really a European thing, right?
Some weeks ago I tried to start a satiric thread in the Politics and World Affairs section about US invading Mexico, but to my surprise people (mostly non-european) instead took me literally, and started call me crazy and so on...and before I knew it the thread was locked by the (non-european) mentors who appearantly didn't get the satire either...
If that is a joke it wasn't funny:grumpy: Maybe Canada but not Mexico.And you posted in P&WA everything in fourm should seouris post it into GD if it isn't
The Dihydrogen monoxide joke was taking seousisly by some polticans in califroina they tried ban it.It's hard to see it as a joke it just sounds bad.

EL said:
Almost?:uhh: :tongue:
Thanks scott1, you're just too cute!:smile:
See, it was only kinda funny when people fell for it. But still only the first time - after that, it was kinda sad.

It was probably funny the first time it was posted here, but that was so long ago, I barely remember. It might have been even a little funny the second or third time, but it gets a little less funny with each time the same thing is reposted. It's an OLD joke and has been posted at PF way too many times.

Moonbear said:
It's an OLD joke and has been posted at PF way too many times.

If you put an aircraft on a conveyor belt and you tried to take off but the conveyor belt was going in reverse at the same speed, will the plane take off?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BobG said:
Okay, I'll bite. How do you get a clown off a swing?

Hit him in the face with an axe!

I was wondering wtf this evil DHMO was, since no one seemed to really be saying anything about it...

So I go to the website. Instant humor!

1. What is DHMO and why is it being covered up by the US?

DHMO (dihydrogen monoxide) is another name for water, and there is no conspiracy to cover it up. The term "cover up" is often used as a joke or hoax to get people to believe false information about water.

2. Is DHMO dangerous and harmful to humans?

Water is essential for human life and is not harmful when consumed in moderation. However, excessive consumption of water can lead to water intoxication, which can be dangerous. It is important to drink enough water to stay hydrated, but not too much.

3. Are there any scientific studies or evidence to support the claim that the US is covering up information about DHMO?

No, there is no legitimate scientific evidence or studies that support the claim of a DHMO cover up by the US. This is a myth that has been perpetuated through internet hoaxes and misinformation.

4. Why do some people believe in the DHMO conspiracy?

Some people may believe in the DHMO conspiracy because they have seen false information or hoaxes about it on the internet and believe it to be true. Others may believe it as a joke or as a way to spread misinformation.

5. How can I tell if information about DHMO is true or just a hoax?

The best way to determine if information about DHMO is true is to verify the source and check for credible scientific evidence. If the information is from a reliable source and is supported by scientific research, it is likely to be true. It is important to fact-check information before believing it and spreading it to others.