Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Diablo 3 release today

1. May 15, 2012 #1
    Anyone else looking forward to it?

2. jcsd
  3. May 15, 2012 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Played it until the servers went down for maintenance about an hour ago lol.

4. May 15, 2012 #3
    Yep, I'm holding out until after exams (1 month), and I'm sure there'll be a few bugs and server outages so I won't be missing too much, I hope! :P

5. May 15, 2012 #4

Drakkith

No...there's nothing to see here...move along please...keep studying...:uhh:

6. May 15, 2012 #5
    How was the 1 hour you played? I wanted to avoid the "new online game" thing (errors with the server etc) and also see how that auction-house crap panned out before getting it. So far my opinion of it is "Diablo 3: The quest for more money", but who knows.

7. May 15, 2012 #6

Drakkith

Oh it was a good 3-4 hours before the servers went down. They were back up about an hour later. So far I have enjoyed it. Gameplay is very smooth and your character reacts very well, not much lag that I could see.

8. May 15, 2012 #7
    Gross. Guild Wars 4 lyfe.

9. May 15, 2012 #8
    I wish, my laptop woulnd't be capable of running it at full power.

I've been wanting to get a good desktop for awhile now, but I just don't have the money. ( I'm 15 ) Therefore I'm not allowing myself to get Diablo III yet );

I probably could run it on my laptop just fine, but I don't know. I will probably end up buying it and seeing if it will run.

10. May 16, 2012 #9
    Yes. I plan to spend all of my free time killing monsters Korean style ~~!

11. May 16, 2012 #10
    I'm not going to buy a single-player game that depends on an internet connection and server status.

12. May 16, 2012 #11
    Guild Wars 2.

13. May 16, 2012 #12
    I often find myself without a connection. How am I meant to play it then? Damn Blizzard, screwed up Starcraft II with that rubbish and now Diablo 3! :(

14. May 16, 2012 #13
    Not to say anything bad about it or anything, I'm sure it's a great game, but I try to stay well away from games rated M. :smile:

15. May 16, 2012 #14
    There's probably a demo or the beta you could download and try to run to check before you purchase it.

16. May 16, 2012 #15

Drakkith

Yes, the game comes with around 4 guest passes. You can give the code to a friend who can download the client and use the code to play up to the first major boss for free. Jbmiller if you want one just send me a PM.

17. May 17, 2012 #16
    Yo Greg, I don't know about Diablo 3, but I have starcraft 2 and you CAN play it WITHOUT an internet connection. You can do single player campaign and skirmishes just fine, you just can't battle online is all.

18. May 18, 2012 #17
    I may just have to check that out with SCII. I heard that you may play it offline, but not with your usual account, only a "guest" account. Although i'll have to look this up to be sure.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook