Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Diagonal polarizator

1. Jul 7, 2008 #1
    Hi,

I'm a network security student who is implementing a protocol on quantum cryptography (focus on EPR photons). I have decided to simulate the behavior of photon and polarizers with jones's vectors and matrix.
    So, for the polarizers, i have a question:

in this page (http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/physics/JonesMatrix.html) i have found linear horizontal polarizer and linear vertical polarizer separated, but the protocol provides only LINEAR POLARIZATORS and DIAGONALS POLARIZATORS. Browsing Internet I found that the matrix identity behaves like a linear polarizer , in fact it manage to cross both polarized photons vertically that horizontally. So, the problem now is found a diagonal polarizer the behaves in the same way. So, it must do to pass the photons polarized diagonally and brings the polarization of a photon linearly polarized, or 45° or -45° degrees.

Thank's for your time...

cordial greetings...

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted