1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Diagonal polarizator

1. Jul 7, 2008 #1
    Hi,

I'm a network security student who is implementing a protocol on quantum cryptography (focus on EPR photons). I have decided to simulate the behavior of photon and polarizers with jones's vectors and matrix.
    So, for the polarizers, i have a question:

in this page (http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/physics/JonesMatrix.html) i have found linear horizontal polarizer and linear vertical polarizer separated, but the protocol provides only LINEAR POLARIZATORS and DIAGONALS POLARIZATORS. Browsing Internet I found that the matrix identity behaves like a linear polarizer , in fact it manage to cross both polarized photons vertically that horizontally. So, the problem now is found a diagonal polarizer the behaves in the same way. So, it must do to pass the photons polarized diagonally and brings the polarization of a photon linearly polarized, or 45° or -45° degrees.

Thank's for your time...

cordial greetings...

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted