Solving Telephone Line Dial Tone Problem

• Thread starter Tabrez
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is seeking help with a problem they are having with their telephone line. The line goes down every morning when other devices are turned on, and they have to constantly disconnect and reconnect the line to get a dial tone. They have checked internal cables and the main board, but the problem persists. When calling their fax number from another number, it rings but they are unable to locate the call. They are advised to contact their DSL provider for free tech support and to refer to a previous thread for suggestions.
Tabrez
Dear All,

Please help me out with the problem I am facing of telephone line.
My telephone line goes down every morning when someone comes in the office and switched on anything like computer or printer, i am using the line for my DSL modem and as well as for FAX machine.
when I am connecting only telephone to that line i am not getting any dial tone, usually what I am doing every morning is I am disconnecting a line from the splitter and connecting a working telephone line in the splitter and again switch back to the old line, sometimes dial tones comes up but sometime i have to do it the same so many times.
we have checked our internal cables it is ok there is no problem, when we checked on the Main board there is also no dial tone.
but when Line comes up its working fine for whole day without any problem but the same thing happen in the next morning " no dail tone and No internet"

when I am trying to call my fax number from another number its ringing but where i don't know?

so please help me out wit this problem

Computer science news on Phys.org
The first thing to do is call the company that you get your DSL from, they would be the people to help you. They should have free tech support. MY DSL provider offers 24/7 free tech support.

There is already a thread on this problem, you can take a look at it for suggestions.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=104132

Dear concerned individual,

Thank you for reaching out with your problem regarding your telephone line. Based on the information provided, it seems like the issue may be related to interference from other electronic devices in your office. When these devices are turned on, they may be causing disruptions in your telephone line, resulting in the loss of dial tone.

One possible solution could be to separate your telephone line from other electronic devices, such as your computer and printer. This can help reduce interference and improve the stability of your telephone line. Additionally, you may want to consider using a separate telephone line for your DSL modem and fax machine, as this can also help prevent interference.

Furthermore, it may be beneficial to check the wiring and connections of your telephone line to ensure they are secure and free from any damage. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to contact your telephone service provider for further assistance.

I hope this information helps in resolving your telephone line issue. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you for your inquiry.

Sincerely,

1. What is a dial tone problem on a telephone line?

A dial tone problem on a telephone line refers to any issue that prevents a user from hearing a dial tone when picking up the phone to make a call. This can be caused by a variety of factors, such as faulty equipment, damaged wiring, or a problem with the phone company's network.

2. How do I troubleshoot a dial tone problem on my telephone line?

The first step in troubleshooting a dial tone problem is to check all of your equipment, including the phone, cord, and wall jack, to make sure they are properly connected and functioning. If everything appears to be in order, you can contact your phone company to report the issue and request a technician to come and investigate.

3. Why is my phone line not producing a dial tone?

There are several possible reasons why your phone line may not be producing a dial tone. It could be due to a fault in your phone's hardware, a problem with the wiring or connection, or an issue with the phone company's network. It is important to troubleshoot and identify the specific cause in order to resolve the problem.

4. Can I fix a dial tone problem on my own?

In some cases, a dial tone problem can be easily fixed by checking and adjusting the connections or settings on your phone. However, if the issue is more complex or involves the phone company's network, it is best to leave it to a professional technician. Attempting to fix the problem on your own could potentially cause further damage or disrupt service for other customers.

5. How long does it typically take to solve a dial tone problem?

The time it takes to resolve a dial tone problem can vary depending on the cause and severity of the issue. In some cases, it can be fixed within a matter of minutes, while more complex problems may take several hours or even days to resolve. It is best to contact your phone company for an estimated timeline for resolving the issue.