Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Diamagnetism Mechanism

1. Sep 4, 2016 #1
    Friends! I have some things unclear about diamagnetism in matter.Please see attached picture.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 5, 2016 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Trying to decipher your handwriting:
    Q1. Picture on right [there are six diagrams on the right, all too fuzzy to read the labels - which one?] represents diamagnetism effect when we apply a magnetic field [the 3rd and 4th from the top show a ##\vec B## ... I think] [?] shows orbiting electron around a nucleus [the 3rd and 4th ones seem to show a particle orbiting a point labelled O - the 3rd has negative spin and the 4th positive by the right-hand rule].
    (a) Is it the only contribution for diamagnetism
    (b) Does spin too contribute to the diamagnetism. [Is?] spin contribution less.
    (c) Does both orbiting and spin contribute?
    (d) What change is there in...
    ... I'll stop there: this looks like the sort of thing that gets set for homework.
    The text you got the pictures from should explain the diagrams and the model being used. If not, then you need to find a reference which does.
    There are a number of models possible depending on your education level and what you hope to achieve.

4. Sep 5, 2016 #3

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Why?

If it's not worth the OP's time to type in a clear message, why is it our responsibility to try and decipher his chicken scratch? How much less valuable is our time?

5. Sep 5, 2016 #4
    Thank You Simon Bridge for giving your valuable time to decode my handwriting.I will present my questions again.
    Also thanks Vanadium -50.Your time definitely is highly valuable.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted