Diamond ring for v-day

1. Lisa!

Lisa! 990
    Gold Member

A very intelligent, humorous, wise and handsome guy with a degree in anything (preferably not physics and art), who would buy me this diamond ring on Valentine's day! :blushing:

Intelligent: IQ > 150
    Handsome: height > 5' 11, and physically fit and with a tolerable face:uhh:

P.S. To be perfectly honest I always blame women on being too intersted in jewelry. But this ring is different!

Feel free to post your own 'wanted' here!o:)

2. jcsd
  3. Why fear;

when I m there?

4. wolram

wolram 3,732
    Gold Member

I just want a lady that does not want diamond rings, a nice homely country girl will do fine, i will stretch to a box of chocs.

5. Lisa!

Lisa! 990
    Gold Member

Whenever you qualify! :wink:

6. Lisa!

Lisa! 990
    Gold Member

Awh I'm sure you can find lots of nice old girls who don't want diamond ring! But I'm not sure about yound and hot ladies...o:)

7. Wanted: anyone willing to pay retail for that ring.

Also wanted: rich nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

8. wolram

wolram 3,732
    Gold Member

That ring is only 1400$, but i guess a guy with an iq of 150 would not put the two of you together:tongue2:

9. Ooooooo.............
    double post, youre liable to be banned!! :devil:

10. IQ: 182
    Height: 184 cm ( I don't know in ft)

11. wolram

wolram 3,732
    Gold Member

I missed an,"of", changed it and both came up ???

12. Lisa!

Lisa! 990
    Gold Member

Well sir, don't guess! I'm sure he will if he have enough money!:wink:
    Yep, you're taller than 5'11(=180.34)!:smile:

13. JasonRox

JasonRox 2,327
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I wish I can get away with that. :uhh:

14. No wonder thou art Mr. Popular :shy:

15. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,266
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm not so sure someone with the intelligence criteria you're requiring would be dumb enough to date someone he knew was after him only to get a diamond ring out of it. Though, as diamond rings go, that one isn't very expensive.

I don't want diamond rings, but I'm not homely either. :tongue: Woolie, if you were just a bit younger, or I a bit older...

16. Math Is Hard

Math Is Hard 4,915
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

what kind of chocs are we talking about here? :smile:

I never cared for diamonds because they are my birthstone. I always thought they were boring, and I liked the pretty colored stones better. I like amethysts and garnets and tourmalines.

My grandpa was a jeweler so I grew up surrounded by all kinds of gems. He had a lot of geodes in his displays that I was fascinated with. They were so uninteresting on the outside, just ordinary rocks, but split them open and oh la la! Hidden treasure!

17. Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

A place where I can crank up my Rock & Roll, in peace and not so quiet. :biggrin:

My family objects to Led Zepplin, Jimi Hendrix, Robin Trower, Traffic, Blind Faith, Spirit, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Journey (1st album), The Who, Yardbirds, Cream, Rolling Stones (< 1970), The Doors, Yes, EL&P, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Santana, Black Sabbath, Nazareth, Blue Öyster Cult, Jon Butcher, Joe Satriani . . . . at full volume. I prefer to work while listening to inspirational music. :biggrin:

I need a place of my own. :tongue2:

Listening to Trower's "Bridge of Sighs" and "About to Begin" as I type this. :cool:

Oh, you can't always get what you want,
    but if you try sometimes,
    you might find,
    you get what you need! :cool: - Rolling Stones, Let it Bleed, 1969

Edit: Oh, yeah - a new 5 string base guitar would be nice! Then I would really have to get my own place. :biggrin:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  18. I'm not kidding

19. Evo

Did I hear chocolate?

Same here.

Like some people. :smile:

20. Astronuc

How about rubies, sapphires and opals. Optically, I like the star sapphires, and I have a few opals from back home, including a really nice black opal.

21. Moonbear

Moonbear 12,266
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Onyx and opals are my favorites, really dark blue sapphires catch my eye too (I've been told those have more impurities, thus are cheaper than the lighter blue sapphires, but I like them better anyway). I don't own any sapphires though, and don't plan on buying any...I don't wear jewelry enough to need any more than the few pieces I have. Though, my friends know that should I ever meet some guy who wants to propose and insists on buying a ring despite the fact that I just don't care if I get a ring or not, then they are to instruct him to get a ring set with sapphire or onyx, and definitely not a diamond. Then again, if some guy gets to the stage of proposing to me, he ought to know my preferences by then anyway.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?