Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dick Cheney Indicted

1. Nov 18, 2008 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2008 #2

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Looks like a non-starter.

I don't see any particular nexus with Cheney.

Unless he specifically influenced Gonzales and he had certain knowledge of his investments ... but I would say Cheney is far too careful to have left any smoking guns about.

Gonzales otherwise can likely claim incompetence and that won't be all that hard to demonstrate.

4. Nov 18, 2008 #3
  5. Nov 19, 2008 #4

baywax

Gold Member

6. Nov 19, 2008 #5
    Texas grand jury? Indicting Cheney? Wow.

7. Nov 19, 2008 #6
    Just wait till Obama gets in Office. Rahm Emanuel is known to be at odds with Cheney. With Rahm as chief of staff Cheney will need to flee the country.

8. Nov 19, 2008 #7
    I wish, but I doubt it. Obama will keep him on a leash so as to not turn away Republicans, or at least the ones that would be turned away by the act.

Obama looks too much like a "forgive and forget" type of guy. :(

9. Nov 19, 2008 #8

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Oh darn. No perp walk.
    http://www.salon.com/wires/ap/us/2008/11/19/D94ICMDG1_cheney_indicted/index.html

10. Nov 19, 2008 #9
    this is all a setup, see? the indictment is fake, a ruse, a misdirection. it allows the president a good excuse to issue Cheney a pardon on his way out, relieving him of all crimes committed in office, including war-. Bush, of course, doesn't need a pardon, since the president is exempt from arrest and must be impeached, and Congress gets no do-overs on that.

11. Nov 19, 2008 #10

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Not likely.

This dog don't hunt.

The indictment shows nothing that is likely to be sustained.

There won't be the need for any pardons.

Now as far as interrogation of detainees ... Cheney might want to be taking a good pull off the old Pardon jug if Bush passes it around.

12. Nov 19, 2008 #11
    i can see i'm getting nothing past you.

13. Nov 20, 2008 #12

baywax

Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?