1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Did i add up these Ressitors right?

1. Oct 27, 2005 #1
    Hello everyone, i'm suppose to find the current and potential difference, I did a smilar problem to this that Chi helped me on, and it worked out, i applied the same method but didn't work out right. Here is the question and under it is my work:

the ammeter and voltmeter resistances are 2.00 and 268 , respectively. Take E= 12.0 V for the ideal battery and R0 = 119 .

Picutre of Figure b: http://www.webassign.net/hrw/28-40b.gif

(a) If R = 93.0 what will the meters read for the two different connections (Figs. 28-40b)?
    Figure B:

I = ?A
    Potential Difference = ? V

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 28, 2005 #2

Gold Member

I only see one connection which is the one in our drawing. anyway, it looks like you pretty much solved it! You know the total I so you just have to find how much of it goes through the R and A (call that I1), and how much goes through V (I2, I1+I2 = I, remember that the I and resistance are inversly related). I1 would be the reading for the ammeter, and I1 times the total resistance of A and R is the reading for the voltmeter.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?