1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Did I do the forces right?

1. Sep 23, 2005 #1
    Did I do the forces right??

So what I have here are two images with stick figures on them showing the forces.

I have to locate the center of mass on the real picture, inked in red and then using the stick figure, locate all the external forces acting on the system. The system in both is just the athlete involved.

Did I do this right? I'm just a bit confused on finding the center of mass...esp in difficult poses. Also is the reaction force also called the applied force? :yuck:

Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2005 #2
    Any type of suggestions are welcome, please :\
  4. Sep 24, 2005 #3
    the pictures arent approved yet so we cant see them
    if you coudl link them you would get afaster response
  5. Sep 24, 2005 #4
    Ahhh, I see why. No wonder lol.

Here are the links:

Thanks. :biggrin:
  6. Sep 24, 2005 #5
    Anyone? Much apprec. if I could get a yay or nay ;P.
  7. Sep 24, 2005 #6
    Yep both of those look correct. However, I would mention that if that shaolin monk is standing still like that, then the gravity force would have to be acting though his foot, otherwise he will fall over. He may have just kicked his leg up like that for a second though.
  8. Sep 25, 2005 #7
    Even my center masses! Alright! That's cool. Well, Shaolin monks are nutty, they do the wildest things so it could be possible for them to just hold it there lol. Maybe if I drew the leg straight, then I could just make an up arrow and it'll be less ambiguous.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?