Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Did the Soviets create a space-baby?

1. Apr 9, 2004 #1
    Who could ignore the temptation of life conceived and grown in utero, in spatio? The Soviets had the opportunuity and the motive. (They also had over 2 billion abortions under their belts, so no problems with ethics.) What came of these purported space children (not "hippies," comrade)?

The amnionic sea may already have provided all of us the benefit of a semi-weightless state, but not zero-G. The effects upon the mother must be Miriad; just consider fetal bone formation from an osteoporific Matrushka. The woman's weightless condition would secondhandedly deprive the child multifold nutrients via the placenta.

You heard the myth of Mir here; what are your thoughts? :tongue:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 9, 2004 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The Soviets spent a lot of time up there. It is an interesting notion.

4. Apr 9, 2004 #3

FZ+

And having sex in a 0G environment must also be... interesting.

5. Apr 9, 2004 #4
    I am the Soviet's space baby.

6. Apr 9, 2004 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I knew it!

Note to self: Don't make any more space babies.

7. Apr 9, 2004 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sex in a 5g environment is also interesting but the problem...oh...never mind.

What do you think FZ, Zooby? I even remember NASA winking when asked if they had engaged in space nooky experiments. I think it was a married couple, both astronauts that went up on the shuttle.

8. Apr 10, 2004 #7
    Nasa astronauts positively created a space baby. It can be seen floating weightless in its little baby space suit here:

Space Center Houston: There's Always Something New
    Address:http://www.spacecenter.org/

9. Apr 10, 2004 #8

FZ+

Remember the image at the end of 2001: A Space Oddessy? Where do you think they got that picture from?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?