Did they go bad?

On the other hand, taking a leg of lamb backbacking, and nawing on it for a week is a bad idea.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
On the other hand, taking a leg of lamb backbacking, and nawing on it for a week is a bad idea.
You realize you're supposed to shave the wool off first, right?

russ_watters
Mentor
Well...it's been about 2 hours since you ate it, Russ...hope you're OK :smile: !
Well I'm a little nauseous, but admittedly that may have been the beer.

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Medical treatment for salmonella? You guys really are wimps! Just put a bog roll in the fridge and don't venture too far from the khazi.

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
As someone who worked in supermarkets as a student.
The frozen deliveries arrive as the store closes - then they sit on pallets on the shop floor, it takes a whole shift to refill all the freezers. So some of the stuff has been sitting there long enough to defrost. That's why a lot of the bags of frozen veg are a single solid lump.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I assume you survived. Really, 6 hours is not a big deal. When I was a kid, and before everyone was paranoid about bacteria, that was the normal defrosting time for anything frozen...take the meat out from the freezer in the morning before Mom went to work, and leave it out on the counter to defrost all day so it was ready to cook when she got home. As long as you cook it thoroughly, it should be fine. I would not put it back in the fridge to use another day though.

turbo
Gold Member
If you're really paranoid about bacteria, you can put frozen foods in a sealed container (like a covered bowl) to defrost. It may surprise you how long it takes for a package of frozen food to thaw in such an environment, so this could take a bit of practice, but give it a try. If I have frozen meat or seafood to defrost and I'm around to monitor it, I set the package on a dinner-plate on a counter and let it go. If it could take a while to thaw due to the mass of the package, I might cover the plate with a dish-towel so that the food on the outsides of the package does not get too warm while the insides thaw. Never, ever have gotten food-poisoning at home.

Medical treatment for salmonella? You guys really are wimps! Just put a bog roll in the fridge and don't venture too far from the khazi.
OK, I'll bite. What's a bog roll, and a khazi?

Bog roll is a toilet roll (roll of toilet tissue :smile:) from the word bog (think it has UK origin) for toilet. Have no clue where khazi comes from, but I'm guessing it's a synonym for toilet.

Bog roll is a toilet roll (roll of toilet tissue :smile:) from the word bog (think it has UK origin) for toilet. Have no clue where khazi comes from, but I'm guessing it's a synonym for toilet.
Got it. Put the Sears in the icebox and stay close to the glory hole.

But why are we putting TP in the frig again?

Danger
Gold Member
why are we putting TP in the frig again?
Perhaps for the numbing effect of the cold...?