Did we really go on the moon?

  • Thread starter Jin314159
  • Start date
  • #1
Jin314159
Once my friend told me that we never went on the moon, that it was all a hoagie. Is he lying or just stupid?
 

Answers and Replies

  • #3
346
0
Jin314159 said:
Once my friend told me that we never went on the moon, that it was all a hoagie. Is he lying or just stupid?
Perhaps you friend was pulling your leg. It is true that "we" never went to the moon, at least none of we who are on this forum, and presumably when he told you that it was true for everyone in earshot, "we", of his statement.
 
  • #4
Phobos
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,954
6
Is he lying or just stupid?

Although either is possible, it is more likely that he is simply misinformed. A while back, Fox TV aired a show about people claiming the moon landing was a hoax. For someone new to the idea (especially people born long after the event), it could have seemed serious. However, if you review the actual evidence, the hoax claims amount to nothing more than a silly conspiracy theory. Please do read the link that chroot provided. It thoroughly debunks many of the hoax claims.
 
  • #5
Jin314159
Prometheus said:
Perhaps you friend was pulling your leg. It is true that "we" never went to the moon, at least none of we who are on this forum, and presumably when he told you that it was true for everyone in earshot, "we", of his statement.

lol... you're funny.
 
  • #6
Many people really believe that man never made it to the moon, and it was all a set up. Some of the photographs are not quite right, for example. But,how could so many hundreds of people been involved in a sheme ike that and none of it leaked out to the press? i think it is an impossible secret to cover. But, respect his opinion, it is a wide belief.
 
  • #7
1,015
1
I saw that special and thought that many parts were funny---
of fox
when will you stop trying to make new shows
just show the simpsons
 
  • #8
enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,754
15
Impossible? said:
Many people really believe that man never made it to the moon, and it was all a set up. Some of the photographs are not quite right, for example. But,how could so many hundreds of people been involved in a sheme ike that and none of it leaked out to the press? i think it is an impossible secret to cover. But, respect his opinion, it is a wide belief.

Especially considering the communications signals which were coming from the moon. We even used doppler shift of the radio transmission to measure Armstrong's descent velocity...

To even consider that the Soviet Union would have done triangulation on the signal's source and not raised an international stink about it if it was a hoax is assinine in the extreme.
 
  • #9
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
10,025
134
enigma said:
To even consider that the Soviet Union would have done triangulation on the signal's source and not raised an international stink about it if it was a hoax is assinine in the extreme.

Perhaps it was a joint capitalist-communist conspiracy in which first honours were given to CCCP and Gagarin??

(A person would be really clever if he could uncover such a conspiracy..:wink:)
 

Related Threads on Did we really go on the moon?

  • Last Post
Replies
4
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
9
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
17
Views
4K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
35
Views
4K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
34
Views
12K
G
  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
1K
  • Last Post
Replies
5
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
17
Views
2K
  • Poll
  • Last Post
Replies
4
Views
2K
Replies
20
Views
23K
Top