Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Did you ever notice

1. Apr 13, 2004 #1
    Did you ever notice...

that it always seems to rain on the night you put your trash or recyclables out? I always feel sorry for the people that have to collect them.

Anyone else have any not-so-scientific observations?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 13, 2004 #2

jimmy p

Gold Member

when you say something like "it's BOUND to rain today" it doesnt. It just looks overcast and threatens to rain..

OR you think "ooh, its sunny this morning, i wont need my raincoat", then as soon as you go out, it pisses down ALL day... bloody England.

4. Apr 13, 2004 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

When you decide to drive at night in a see-thru nightgown, you will get in a wreck. Not me...my girlfriend. I only wear non see-thru nightgowns when I drive. :biggrin:

5. Apr 13, 2004 #4

jimmy p

Gold Member

When you know an important parcel/person is going to be at your house in the morning, and you wait for ages for it, and then when you take a shower, the postie/person rings the bell. The amount of times i have scared the postman by answering the door dripping wet with a towel round my waist....

6. Apr 13, 2004 #5

ShawnD

Science Advisor

lol poor you. Where I live, it's very easy to smell when it is about to rain.

7. Apr 14, 2004 #6
    First of all, I hope she wasn't seriously injured. Second, did she have a coat or anything to cover up with? :eek: Details, we need details! :eek: :biggrin:

Did you ever notice that someone will start an interesting story and then leave you hanging for the details!! :biggrin:

8. Apr 14, 2004 #7

Evo

No injuries, it was pouring down rain and she skidded into a ditch. Nothing to cover up with, I don't think it was extremely see through, but bad enough.

Ever since that happened to her, I make sure that I am always dressed for a public audience when I get into the car.

9. Apr 16, 2004 #8

jimmy p

Gold Member

if it were white then....

When you need something the most it is never there...

I also have a problem that i look at my watch at exactly the same time every day...11:11 am... it freaks me out so much.

10. Apr 16, 2004 #9
    Ah, jimmy p, that can be easily explained by a phenomenon originating from your circadian clock.

My locker never opens when I'm in a bad mood.
    When I think a day is going to be boring, it turns out to be good.
    If I think a day is gonna be bad, its good (or rarely, its bad) and vice versa
    When I think I'm going to be late for P.E., I'm always really early.

Like Newton said : for every reaction, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

11. Apr 17, 2004 #10
    They say it was just such an incident that cured J. Edgar Hoover of the see-thru nightgown habit.

12. Apr 17, 2004 #11

jimmy p

Gold Member

Everytime i feel like being an ass and shake up my friend's beer, i alway give him the wrong one.... must be karma or something...

13. Apr 17, 2004 #12

Evo

Don't ever try to poison someone dear. :eek:

14. Apr 17, 2004 #13

jimmy p

Gold Member

what??? how does that poison people? if anything im poisoning myself...is that ok?

15. Apr 18, 2004 #14
    Yea thats fine jimmy

When everything seems to be going perfectly and couldnt be any better something always screws it up and makes everything real ****ty.

16. Apr 18, 2004 #15

pig

I always seem to look at the VCR clock at exactly 0:00.. Even if it's daytime..

17. Apr 18, 2004 #16

Evo

You didn't get it! If you end up drinking the beer you intended to give your friend...

18. Apr 18, 2004 #17

jimmy p

Gold Member

I'm not mean enough to poison people's... but after Andy's comment i make an exception!!!

...well as long as I get the RIGHT ONE!

19. Apr 18, 2004 #18
    lol lol lol, thats the 10 characters.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?