Did you know

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date

wolram

Gold Member
We are all doomed, if climate change does not get us, some thing will impact the earth and kill us, will some one get it right ,the suspense is killing me.

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If you already know what's killing you, what is the suspense all about?

wolram

Gold Member
If you already know what's killing you, what is the suspense all about?
Which one will kill us, the worry, the impact ,or the weather, or may be we will be saved by some alien intervention?

Last edited:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You said the suspense is killing you. :biggrin:

...so you are doomed as long as nothing bad happens.

siddharth

Homework Helper
Gold Member
We are all doomed, if climate change does not get us, some thing will impact the earth and kill us, will some one get it right ,the suspense is killing me.
We're all doomed, cause we're going to die anyway. So, in the long run, all that doesn't matter much, really :tongue:

Which one will kill us, the worry, the impact ,or the weather, or may be we will be saved by some alien intervention?
if there's the possibility of being saved, why are we doomed?

DaveC426913

Gold Member
Fear not. I know with 100% certainty what you, Wolram, will die of.

Lack of oxygen to the brain.

(Now, whether that lack of oxygen to your brain comes from overheating due to climate change, or vaporization of your body due to meteor impact - that's just details.)

His brain could be crushed completely, resulting in death prior to potential lack of oxygen.

wolram, yes, we all die eventually. Did this just dawn on you now?

And if not an asteroid, then one day the Sun will expand into a red giant and envelope the earth. Granted, it will take many millions of years...

Don’t take life so serious—it ain’t nohow permanent. - Walt Kelly

Oh psshhh, you sciency-types are all the same. No matter what I keep telling you guys, you always insist that death is real. IT'S JUST A CONSPIRACY TO KEep YOU AFRAID OF THE SYSTEM!

Our solar system will inevitably be destroyed in 5 billion years. Though, if humanity survives this long, I'm sure it will find a solution.

BobG

Science Advisor
Homework Helper