Did you know

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
After the second world war when bananas started coming back into the country, they showed some soldiers handing bananas to kids, and they were trying to eat them without removing the skin, so some soldier had to explain how to eat a banana. Was really interesting to see the expressions on the children's faces who were bemused by this unusual and new food stuff.
:rofl: Did you see the movie K-PAX?

I dislike bananas.

wolram

Gold Member
Peaches and almonds??

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/suttonelms/peach3.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I dislike bananas.
I love them, but they leave my mouth very irritated, almost blistered. So I don't eat them often :rolleyes: .

Hey, mods, why don't you merge this thread with the other fact thread o'er der (Navajo slang)

Hey, mods, why don't you merge this thread with the other fact thread o'er der (Navajo slang)
Nah this is specifically about did you know about specific things about specifics, it aint the same. :smile:

MIH I'm assuming Kevin Spacey tried to eat a banana in such a way, seen the movie but don't remember it? :biggrin:

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Did you know that if you kick a banana tree repeatedly, with great force, you will hurt your foot?

Mk

Did you know you half to have a permit to grow peanuts in the US?
Did you know you one-third to have a permit to grow marijuana in the US?

Mk, that sentence makes no sense. Have you ever read about the people that backpack into state and national parks and plant weed? If I remember right they caught a few guys that had over 100,000 acres of it in a park in California.