Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Didn't sleep so well.

1. Aug 29, 2011 #1
    A good nights sleep is something I always look forward to. It really is the best part of the day. Alas, tonight I have not slept so well. And, I will have to plough through the day. Any good remedies for a bad nights sleep?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 29, 2011 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Since it's just one night, don't take naps today and go to bed as usual, or maybe even a bit early.

I hope you sleep better tonight.

4. Aug 29, 2011 #3
    I'm short on sleep 3-4 days a week, and struggle a bit getting through a full day of school after working an early morning, but I just keep eating and moving and it helps me fight off the yawns. Have a good meal (rice+vegetables, salad sandwich, something proper) and go for a walk, or do some pushups, or whatever you can fit in.

Coffee doesn't really help, much as I love it.

5. Aug 29, 2011 #4
    Yeah, sucks overall. Hate it when I get new material and don;t have the focus/concentration to look over them.

6. Aug 29, 2011 #5
    Yes. A good night's sleep.

7. Aug 29, 2011 #6

rhody

Gold Member

I didn't sleep well last night either, no power due to tropical storm Irene, I hear myself when I sleep and well you guessed it, can't seem to shut it off. Glad power is back, will hit it early this evening.

Rhody...

8. Aug 29, 2011 #7
    Like the earthquake and hurricane I believe this too is a sign from above. I believe he is trying to tell us.... It's PARTY TIME!

Something was probably keeping you from sleeping be it noise or just stress I'd say figure out what it was and try to mend it. Earplugs have worked for me in the past when I had crickets though sleeping with them in isn't always the best. Going for a walk a good 4-5 hours before I need to go to sleep helps I'v found.

9. Aug 29, 2011 #8
    I love falling asleep to the chirping of crickets. I don't see why you'd ever want to drown it out.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook