Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Die cast Aluminium

  1. Nov 3, 2005 #1
    Does anybody know any sources from where i can get die cast aluminium tubes? This is in the Uk. Pretty urgent, within a week.

  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 3, 2005 #2


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

    To the best of my knowledge, aluminum tubes are generally extruded, not cast in any way.

    In the US, there is a company called "http://www.thomasnet.com/index.html"" which now has a web site. They break down and list companies in the US & Canada into catagories depending on what they manufacture or services they provide. I have to believe there's an equivalent service in Europe. I wonder if anyone knows what it is?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  4. Nov 6, 2005 #3


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

    You might find some people spin casting tubes. What kind of tubes? Are we talking hydraulic tubing?
  5. Nov 6, 2005 #4


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

    GT Tubes in Sheffield might be worth a shot, couldn't find them on Google though. Perhaps try directory enquiries?
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook