Dielectric constants

• Thread starter ddr
  • Start date

ddr

I would dearly like to know what material has the highest relative dielectric constant and how much is it?

Some doped ferroelectrics have κ values in excess of 1,000.

Last edited:
In particular, the dielectrical constant k of barium titanate ranges from 1200 to 1600

Originally posted by ddr
I would dearly like to know what material has the highest relative dielectric constant and how much is it?
Hi ddr,
Before the exotic materials mentioned by others were developed, I found, among plastic sheeting that "TEDLAR" a poly-vynilidine was optimum for both its high dielectrc constant and high dielectric strength. Cheers, Jim

Integral

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Re: Re: dielectric constants...

Originally posted by NEOclassic
Hi ddr,
Before the exotic materials mentioned by others were developed, I found, among plastic sheeting that "TEDLAR" a poly-vynilidine was optimum for both its high dielectric constant and high dielectric strength. Cheers, Jim
I also can testify to this, Poly-vynalcloride, or Saran Wrap has a very high dielectric constant. We made a capacitor from tin foil and saran warp that amazed us. Part of the lab was to find the break down voltage, we could not. The lab was written with wax paper as the probable dielectric material.

QuantumNet

Platina

What is the speed of light through platina?

Last edited by a moderator: