Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Difference b/w engineering chemistry and chemical engineering

1. Dec 15, 2007 #1
    i just read the thread abt difference in chemists and chem engnr....... thre waz a very gud reply from mr jacone.... i m also confused in 1 thing... m studing in new york ... here in my university there are two majors related to chemistry and engineering ... one is ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY (BS) and other is CHEMICAL AND MOLECULAR ENGINEERINg (BE) ......... now m very consufed i want to be a petrochemical process engineer....... can anyone plzz explain to me abt this...... thanks alot...
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 30, 2007 #2
    It depends on the university and the courses they offer. Engineering Chemistry seems more like applied chemistry, but chemical Engineering comprises of Unit Processes and unit operations. I am not sure what your university offers. Just check with them...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?