Get Homework Help: Solving Equations and Formulas

• Thread starter slobodan48
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, Newton's three laws of motion describe the relationship between force, mass, and acceleration. The first law states that an object will maintain its state of motion unless acted upon by a force. The second law states that the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force and inversely proportional to its mass. The third law states that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. More information can be found on the website provided.
slobodan48

Homework Statement

Can someone help me?

Homework Equations

Fg=mg
fnet=ma

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org

Well, first, do you know what the laws ARE? If you do, it's pretty hard to not know the difference between them.

Newtons second law is the must common to see and is explained below:
F=ma which just states that the acceleration in a given direction is proportional to the NET force in that direction. If two or more forces act in a given direction find the resultant and that is the net force.

Newtons third law is also encountered and relates to interactions:
It states that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Really this means that forces are equal and opposite at a boundary. If I push a block i will indeed accelerated it but that block pushes back on me with the same force. This is felt as resistance, the heavier the block I try to push the more force I feel.

Newtons first law just states that a object with mass will maintain its path (and velocity) until a force is applied on it. This applied force causes an acceleration. An acceleration is equal to (change in velocity)/(change in time). Likewise if there is no change in velocity there is no force acting on the object.

Newton's first law is 'all object will continue to be in their state of rest or of uniform speed in a straight line unless they are compelled to change that state by forces acting on them.'

Second law is 'the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force acting on it and is inversely proportional to its mass. The direction of the acceleration is in the direction of the applied net force.'

The third law is 'Whenever one object exerts a force on a second object, the second exerts an equal and opposite force on the first.'

And this website might help you to understand Newton's law.
http://teachertech.rice.edu/Participants/louviere/Newton/law1.html

1. What is the best way to ask for help with homework?

The best way to ask for help with homework is to clearly state the specific problem or concept that you need help with. Provide as much detail as possible, such as the subject, chapter, and page number. It is also helpful to explain what you have already tried and what you are having trouble understanding.

2. Where can I find reliable sources for homework help?

There are several sources for reliable homework help, such as online tutoring services, educational websites, and study groups. It is important to verify the credibility of the source and check for any biases or misinformation before using it for your homework.

3. How can I manage my time effectively while doing homework?

To manage your time effectively while doing homework, it is important to create a schedule and prioritize tasks. Set aside dedicated time for homework each day and avoid distractions, such as social media or television. Break larger tasks into smaller ones and take breaks to avoid burnout.

4. What should I do if I don't understand my homework?

If you don't understand your homework, it is important to seek help as soon as possible. You can ask your teacher for clarification, reach out to a tutor or classmate, or use online resources. It is also helpful to review any class notes or textbooks that may provide additional explanations or examples.

5. How can I avoid plagiarism while getting help with my homework?

To avoid plagiarism while getting help with your homework, it is important to properly cite any sources used and make sure to paraphrase or quote correctly. It is also important to understand the concepts and ideas behind the work you are using and not simply copy and paste information without understanding it.