1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Differential Calculus

1. Jan 29, 2006 #1
    Frankly I don't know how to say this,I need some help In Differential Calculus.
    I'm talking about Banach space and those stuff,If it's possible if someone know a link to some online textbook,i need something that goes deep into every theorm of this branch of math.
    thx you already , you don't know how much you would be helping.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2006 #2

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

try the lomis sternberg advanced calculus book on shlomo sternbergs website at harvard math dept.

of course your question just reveals how little you understand about how much what the subject entails, or you would not ask such a big question.

but this is a starting place.

4. Jan 29, 2006 #3
    I know , I'm not even a math student , I'm a physics Student,this is actually for someone close to me (my gf :biggrin: )
    so you should understand me :smile: !

5. Jan 30, 2006 #4
    Altough i lack any knowledge to know what to exactly search for , I know what i want:
    Full proof for :Rank theorem for the immersions and Submersions.
    some excersises on local inversions, And some applications of differential Calculus on Diff.Eq (Linear homoge with constant coeff).
    Again i would really appreciat any help with that.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2006
  6. Feb 2, 2006 #5
    Have you checked out the online texts from the links section?

7. Feb 2, 2006 #6
    actually yes, i tried but i didn't find anything , maybe i didn't look good.
    but nothing!

8. Feb 3, 2006 #7
  9. Feb 3, 2006 #8
    thx but that is tthe same book mathwonk was talking about , it didn't help much.well she don't use the net , so i'm searching for her.
    and this what seem she want :"Full proof for :Rank theorem for the immersions and Submersions.
    some excersises on local inversions, And some applications of differential Calculus on Diff.Eq (Linear homoge with constant coeff)."

10. Feb 3, 2006 #9
  11. Feb 3, 2006 #10
  12. Feb 8, 2006 #11
    thank you very much.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?