1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Differential Equations Text

1. May 22, 2008 #1
    I was planning to take Math 270 (Differential Equations with Linear Algebra) at the local community college this summer. However, there will be no course this summer, so I was thinking about studying it on my own. I looked at the text that the school sells (only new copies), Elementary Differential Equations with Linear Algebra Fourth Edition by Rabenstein, and it was nearly $200. Do any of you have a suggestion for a more common textbook (that is good!) that would be easy to find used?

By the way, I have taken math through the Calculus III level (I guess this could affect my book choice).

2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2008 #2
    You can find that Rabenstein book for a $1 plus shipping on abebooks. Just saying you can still use it, and not pay a bundle.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?