Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Differential forms

1. Nov 11, 2016 #1
    Some time ago I was looking around the web for the use of differential equations in General Relativity. Then I found a definition (below) of differential forms, but I noted that the definition on my book is different from this one. Could someone tell me if it is right?

vyl6if.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2016 #2

PeterDonis

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Where? You should not post something like this without giving a specific reference for where you got it.

Which book? Same point as above.

4. Nov 11, 2016 #3
    I forgot where I found it. I just wish to know if this definition is consistent with definitions commonly given in books.

5. Nov 11, 2016 #4

PeterDonis

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

You referred to "the definition in my book". That implies that you have a specific book already, so you should be able to look at the definition in it and compare it to what you posted in the OP. Have you done that? Are they the same? If not, what differences did you see? Can you post them?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted