Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Difficulty in plotting

1. Jul 7, 2010 #1
    i have an equation 0.02q=T1-T2

how do i plot a graph between T2 and T1......since all the three are variables i am not able to plot the graph between T2 and T1.....kindly help....is der any method to approximate variable q to a constant? so dat i can plot the graph

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 7, 2010 #2

hotvette

Homework Helper

If you think of (T1 - T2) as a single variable (delta temperature), you have an equation of a line and could plot q as the dependent variable vs (T1 - T2) as the dependent variable.

4. Jul 7, 2010 #3
    taking t1-t2 as difference of T we could sure plot a graph between diff(T) Vs q......but i need a plot btw T1 and T2....

5. Jul 8, 2010 #4

hotvette

Homework Helper

If you want plot T2 as a function of T1, there are a couple of options. One is a 3D plot where the independent variables are T1 and q. In this case the plot will be a planar surface. Another option is in a 2D plot consisting of a series of parallel lines with each line corresponding to a different value of q.

6. Jul 8, 2010 #5
    Thank you for the reply.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook