What is Your Personal Definition of Physics?

• Thread starter vkash
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physcis
In summary, physics can be defined as the study of fundamental principles and natural phenomena in the universe, with an aim to align human thinking with what is actually happening in nature. It is a never-ending adventure of asking how and why things exist and happen, and can be seen as a parallel to the ultimate adventure after sex. Some may argue that it ultimately leads to religious claims, but this conversation is locked.
vkash
Define physics in your way.

Just define it in your way. I want to hear it's answer from everybody.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's like spelling, only harder.

Jimmy Snyder said:

:rofl:

Rhody...

Jimmy Snyder said:

=D
Don't the words spelled wrongly have red squiggles under them anyway?

AnYwAy... In my opinion, Physics is the study of fundamentals in the universe.

oops!
that is physics
Now what's your view

"Define" is spelled wrongly too.

A never ending adventure of asking how and why all that exists happens.

Its the ultimate adventure mmm after sex i guess.

In The Evolution of Physics Einstein characterized physics as the continuing attempt of the human mind to get its thinking about natural phenomena in line with what's actually happening in nature.

I thought that was spot on, and that's the definition I subscribe to.

vkash said:
This why how etc will end at the god.
Cute.

This thread is a wedge for religious claims. Locked.

1. What is physics?

Physics is the study of matter, energy, and their interactions. It seeks to understand how the universe works on both the smallest and largest scales, from subatomic particles to the entire cosmos.

2. How does physics differ from other sciences?

Physics differs from other sciences in that it focuses on the fundamental laws and principles that govern the behavior of matter and energy. It also uses mathematical models to describe and predict the behavior of physical systems.

3. What are some real-world applications of physics?

Physics has many practical applications, such as developing new technologies, understanding climate change, and improving medical treatments. It also plays a crucial role in fields such as engineering, astronomy, and materials science.

4. What skills are needed to study physics?

To study physics, one needs a strong foundation in mathematics, critical thinking, problem-solving, and an interest in understanding the natural world. Good communication and laboratory skills are also essential for conducting experiments and communicating results.

5. Why is physics important?

Physics is important because it helps us understand the fundamental laws of nature and how the universe works. It also contributes to technological advancements and has practical applications in various fields. Additionally, studying physics can foster curiosity, critical thinking, and a deeper appreciation for the world around us.