1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Digital Cameras

1. Jan 2, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

What physics principles are applied to the design and use of digital cameras?

2. The attempt at a solution

• Charging the battery requires electrical and magnet field use from the source it is obtaining the energy from. The battery creates electric potential energy that is used to operate the camera – an electric circuitry is created.
    • The camera can be operated through direct AC/DC power
    • LCD display uses electrical power from the energy source to operate
    • A speaker in some digital cameras uses both electrical and magnet fields to operate
    • CCD
    • Sensors for auto focus

*Am i even on the right track, or are their other "physics principles" that i am not aware of

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 2, 2008 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Optics?

4. Jan 2, 2008 #3
    The question is about eletrical and magnetic fields so i have to keep the answer around that topic.
    Thanks for your input though

5. Jan 3, 2008 #4

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

6. Jan 3, 2008 #5

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes and the Light is electromagnetic waves that the CCDs convert to electrical signals. The CCDs have optical lenses to focus the light (hence refraction of EM).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?