1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Digital Electronics: Binary-Coded-Decimal to Seven-Segment Decoder

1. Feb 1, 2005 #1
    This is one of the problems I have for homework:

Consider a BCD-to-seven-segment decoder and suppose that the BCD data are represented by the logic variables B8, B4, B2, and B1. For example, the decimal number 7 is represented in BCD by the word 0111 in which the leftmost bit is B8=0, the second bit is B4=1, and so forth. a: Find a logic circuit based on the product of maxterms having output A that is high only if segment A of the display is to be on. b: Repeat for segment B.

Here is my problem- I have no idea what the question is asking me for. The words "circuit based on the product of maxterms" confuses me and I just don't know what to look for. I am 100% sure if I knew what it was asking, I could do the problem but it doesn't say anything like that in the section explaining these decoders. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 1, 2005 #2
    for anyone who may have been trying. Don't worry about it anymore and thanks. I finally figured it out. :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?