1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Digital Logics Synchronous Counter with Asynchronous Reset

1. Nov 30, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Design a sequential circuit, a modulo 9 counter that uses T-architecture. The counter content should be diplayed on a seven segment display and by a set of LEDs. Basically, I have to make a synchronous counter and a asynchronous reset using T FF's. We only have JK FF's though so we have to use them to create the T's. The JK's that we have have a CLR input, which I think has something to do with resetting it, but I can't find that specific info on it and I don't know what I'm supposed to be plugging into it. I'm supposed to fill out a truth table for the RESET and design a circuit with the RESET circuit included and since I can't seem to figure out the reset part of things I'm sort of at a loss

2. The attempt at a solution
    Here's what I came up with from the internet and my text book, but I missed quite a bit of class recently and I'm having a tough time catching up with this stuff. Any help at all somebody could offer would be really appreciated.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/imageinv.jpg/

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?