Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Digital Trainer board

1. Dec 9, 2016 #1
    Hi everyone,
    I have a project for the semester which I have just concluded. We will be testing the board early next week to see if it works and I am expected to explain how the board works, and I don't really know much about it. Can someone please help? I am currently writing a technical report on it. Your help will be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 9, 2016 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Wait, what? This is your project, and you can't explain it? Um, that's a bit strange, IMO.

4. Dec 9, 2016 #3
    Of course, I can explain to some extent, but I just feel I should be able to do better. Like I said I am currently writing a report on it, so I understand some bit. Just looking for some more info. It's my first year in college.

5. Dec 9, 2016 #4

berkeman

Great! Please explain it to us in deatil.

What are the different sections meant to show? Is this a 2-layer, 4-layer or 1-layer PCB? Please post the schematic to help us help you...

6. Dec 10, 2016 #5

jedishrfu

This is a patch board given to students to wire up different circuits and learn how they work.

As an example, you could wire switch 1 to led 1 and connect power to the board and then when you flip the switch the led goes on.

7. Dec 11, 2016 #6
    I'm not sure how many layers, but here is the schematics given to us. Thanks

Attached Files:

8. Dec 11, 2016 #7

berkeman

Can you explain the circuit in the upper left?

9. Dec 11, 2016 #8
    It's the LM317 voltage regulator

10. Dec 11, 2016 #9

berkeman

No, that's in the upper right. i'm asking about the logic circuits in the upper left... :smile:

11. Dec 11, 2016 #10
    I am not sure about the logic circuit or how they work.

12. Dec 11, 2016 #11

berkeman

I'm sure they covered them in class...

13. Dec 11, 2016 #12
    Thanks for your contribution. It is appreciated.

14. Dec 11, 2016 #13
    No. If we did I won't be asking for help.

15. Dec 11, 2016 #14

berkeman

That's pretty hard to believe. Try Googling cross-couple NAND circuit. That should get you started...

16. Dec 12, 2016 #15
    What was the "project" - did you build this from a Kit? It seems pretty sensationalized - and you should be able to look up each item easily. You can't find anything?

17. Dec 14, 2016 #16
    I have everything sorted out now. Just needed some more info to equip myself should question arise during testing of the board. The board was actually tested today and it worked perfectly well. I was also able to defend the project. Will be handing in the report tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who showed concern.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted