Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Digital Voltage Meter circuit

1. Aug 18, 2007 #1
    Hello All,

I am working on a microcontroller-based control circuit that can generate different frequencies for experiments I am working on, but I also want to add a feature that allows the microcontroller to take voltage measurements from my test setups.

The 68HC12 controller board I am using does have several A/D converter channels on it but I am wondering if there are any dedicated digital volt meter ICs out there that can take the actual measurements and send back a binary value to my controller. The other reason I don't want to use the microcontroller itself is for isolation reasons. some of the tests I will do could involve voltages as high as 500-1000V so I am really looking for a chip that has the same voltage reading range as a standard DVM. All voltage readings would be DC to keep things simple (see attached diagram). Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason O

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted