1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dimensional Analysis justifying assumptions and force dependent on angle

1. May 6, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    i have attached a copy of the full question and my answer to part a (i'm stuck on part b which i have written below. The diagram is a bit too complicated to describe in words)

In an examination of this problem Edge (1968) assumed one-dimensional inviscid, incompressible flow, and also neglected gravity. Using the above given values and the dimensional analysis of (a), try and justify the assumptions made by Edge. Show that in this limit the dimensionless force coefficient CF depends only on the angle of attack. Take Fr = u20/(gh0) to be the dimensionless Froude number.

2. Relevant equations

i have attached my full working for this answer
    final solution for part a
    F/(ρv02LD2)=ff( α , gLD/VD2 , h0/LD , μ/ρV0LD)

3. The attempt at a solution
    i have attached my solution to part a, my problem is just not understanding what to do for part b.

2. Relevant equations

2. Relevant equations

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted