1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dimensional Tolerencing

1. Apr 22, 2012 #1
    I am in the process of dimensioning a drawing set of an enclosure assembly, and I am struggling to figure out how to tolerance the part correctly. The assembly is essentially a rectangular prism with rounded corners, it consists of two parts: the main enclosure and the face plate which must fit inside the enclosure.

I attached a simplified version of the enclosure I am talking about.

As I said the faceplate has to sit inside the enclosure, I was hoping to achieve a fit similar to a H7h6 clearance fit, but since this is not a shaft I don't know how to annotate it, or if this is even the right way of going about the tolerance in the first place.

I am still a student so forgive my lack of understanding, tolerancing is something I don't think was taught to my class well.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?