1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dimensions chart

1. Jan 11, 2006 #1
    Sorry if its here somewhere but I couldn't find it, where can I find a chart/list for quantities listing their dimensions using the MLtT and FLtT systems and also give the typical SI and English units?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2006 #2
    Go to www.efunda.com/units/ and you will find a list of unit categories. Click on any one of them ... for example, click on "density". Then you'll get a list of various units of density. Click on any one of them ... for example, click on "grams per cubic centimeter". Then you'll get the dimensional units in each of three systems you want.
    Milton Beychok
    (Visit me at www.air-dispersion.com)
  4. Jan 12, 2006 #3
    they want me to pay a fee?
  5. Jan 12, 2006 #4

Homework Helper

Otherwise, use the index in your physics textbook
    (most will at least have a table with SI units)
  6. Jan 12, 2006 #5

What gave you the idea that www.efunda.com charges a fee?? That website is free ... anyone can read it without paying any fees!!

Did you actually visit the site before you asked your question about whether they charge a fee?

7. Jan 12, 2006 #6
    Sure I visited the site and after about 2 minutes a pop-up said that my free session was about to expire and everything that I clicked on led me to the membership page, which has a $6/month fee. (http://www.efunda.com/about/about.cfm) This page says that they charge a fee to pay their engineers who keep the information provided "credible"

I no longer have a physics book, this is for a Thremo-Fluids class, I can't believe that they don't have this information in there and I can't believe that this kind of stuff woud be hard to find on the internet. I know most of the SI units but the MLtT and FLtT is a bit vague. Anywhere else I can find it?
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
  8. Jan 13, 2006 #7

Science Advisor

It absolutely does. Some sections are not available if you are not a supporting member as well.

You can also try EngNet's list of units here:

Or try this:
  9. Jan 13, 2006 #8
    Thanks, I guess that I don't understand how to indicate the dimensions in the MLtT system. Does that mean that I'm supposed to express angular velocity for example with some combination of MLtT? I have not seen that anywhere, most of these sights have the common dimension and derived dimensions but I have not seen "Modulus of Elasticity" at any of these sites and certainally not in therms of MLtT? Any suggestions of where I go from here?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?