I need to work out to dimensions that are derived from their fundamental units..... I am having a small amount of trouble working out exactly how to do this....
Energy (using W.D.= force x distance)
Thankyou for your time.
Related Introductory Physics Homework Help News on Phys.org
The "fundamental" units are: length, mass, time, charge, etc. Other units are "manufactured" from them as others have indicated:
acceleration= distance/time2, etc.
In the MKS system, we measure length in meters, mass in kg., time in seconds so the "unit" of speed is m/s, acceleration m/s2 (which have no separate name), force (from F= ma) kg-m/s2 (the "Newton"), energy (from either KE= (1/2)mv2 or work= distance*force) kg-m2/s2 (the Joule).
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving