Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dimensions of a certain beam

  1. Mar 21, 2015 #1
    I was supposed to measure a beam at a far away worksite but after a series of unfortunate events, I wasn't able to. All I know at the moment is it is referred to as I55 beam. I searched for it using every combination of words I can think of but cannot find it. We normally don't use beam classified like this so I don't have any idea about this type.

    Any help is appreciated.
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 26, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?
  4. Mar 27, 2015 #3
    Could they be talking about a wide flange "I-beam", I know there are W18x55 (18 inch deep, 55 lb/ft), W21x55, W24x55.

    Not sure how else to help, sorry.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook