Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dinner time

1. Jul 28, 2006 #1

wolram

Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2006 #2

JamesU

Gold Member

meh.........

4. Jul 28, 2006 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'm hungry enough to give it a shot. Of course, I'd have enough leftovers to last me a month.

5. Jul 28, 2006 #4

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I'm not surprised it's coming from the US.

6. Jul 28, 2006 #5

wolram

Gold Member

:surprised Evo, that thing is a killer, even a penquin could not eat that much.

7. Jul 28, 2006 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How do you even bite it? I don't know if I could round up 20 friends who all like their burgers the same doneness.

8. Jul 28, 2006 #7

Tsu

Gold Member

Same here. The size of the burgers are finally catching up to the size of the people!!!11 :rofl: :rofl:

9. Jul 28, 2006 #8

wolram

Gold Member

I just wonder if any one has got thier name on the wall of fame, if they have they must be an eating machine, and :yuck: it would be cold after
    20mins or so.

10. Jul 28, 2006 #9

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Who's eaten a Primanti Bros sammich in Pittsburgh? Those things are over a 1000 calories each, and they're the regular fare, not some specialty meal. This is not to say that their sandwiches aren't completely crazy.

http://www.primantibros.com/realstory.asp

11. Jul 29, 2006 #10

wolram

Gold Member

Wow, regular fare, blimey, how long are your lunch breaks?

12. Jul 29, 2006 #11

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

My lunch breaks? They're too short - just barely 7 hours. I have to really step on it when I drive to Pittsburgh for lunch, or I just won't make it there in 3 hours! :frown:

13. Jul 29, 2006 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I really don't understand any of these food eating competitions, or why anyone would try to eat a 15 Lb burger. We have something like this in Portland, where the challenge is to eat ten-pound steak or similar.

The two things that have most surprised me in the US are the size of the meals served in West Des Moines Iowa, and the sweet tea drank in the south. Though in the deep south, I once had some bacon that was I think about 90% fat. I took a bite before realizing that I was basically served a plate of fried pig lard.

In Iowa, I ate at the only place near the hotels, and the food was absolutely great, but my gawwwwd, they serve enough to kill a horse. My steak was a roast, the salad was easily enough for four people or more, there were several types of bread, a bowl of butter, another bowl filled with sour cream, and another with horse radish....I'm sure there was more, and I don't remember what all was put on my table, but it was absolutely absurd!

Sweet tea is regular tea which is heated, loaded with sugar to the point of saturation, and then drank cold. In some areas in Alabama and Georgia, for example, it is served almost as automatically as is water.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  14. Jul 29, 2006 #13

wolram

Gold Member

I am reminded of a comic book character (desperate dan) and his cow pies,
    was he in the beano or dandy? any way a person who can eat a 15lb burger must larger than life.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?