Family Forced to Eat Leftovers for 5 Hours!

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: The two things that have most surprised me in the US are the size of the meals served in West Des Moines Iowa, and the sweet tea drank in the south. Though in the deep south, I once had some bacon that was I think about 90% fat. I took a bite before realizing that I was basically served a plate of fried pig lard. In Iowa, I ate at the only place near the hotels, and the food was absolutely great, but my gawwwwd, they serve enough to kill a horse. My steak was a roast, the salad was easily enough for four people or more, there were several types of bread, a bowl of butter, another bowl filled with sour cream, and another
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1764582.html

And you can not leave the table until it is all eaten. :yuck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
meh...

I'm hungry enough to give it a shot. Of course, I'd have enough leftovers to last me a month.

I'm not surprised it's coming from the US.

Evo said:
I'm hungry enough to give it a shot.

Evo, that thing is a killer, even a penquin could not eat that much.

How do you even bite it? I don't know if I could round up 20 friends who all like their burgers the same doneness.

JasonRox said:
I'm not surprised it's coming from the US.

Same here. The size of the burgers are finally catching up to the size of the people!11 :rofl: :rofl:

I just wonder if anyone has got their name on the wall of fame, if they have they must be an eating machine, and :yuck: it would be cold after
20mins or so.

Who's eaten a Primanti Bros sammich in Pittsburgh? Those things are over a 1000 calories each, and they're the regular fare, not some specialty meal. This is not to say that their sandwiches aren't completely crazy.

Yinz guys want to know the real story about the Primanti's sandwich, n'at, right?
Like whose crazy idea it was to stuff a big hunk of grilled meat and chilly cole slaw and hot fried egg and fresh tomato and crisp French fries between two slabs of chewy Italian bread that you could hardly fit into your mouth?

http://www.primantibros.com/realstory.asp

Gokul43201 said:
Who's eaten a Primanti Bros sammich in Pittsburgh? Those things are over a 1000 calories each, and they're the regular fare, not some specialty meal. This is not to say that their sandwiches aren't completely crazy.

http://www.primantibros.com/realstory.asp

Wow, regular fare, blimey, how long are your lunch breaks?

wolram said:
Wow, regular fare, blimey, how long are your lunch breaks?
My lunch breaks? They're too short - just barely 7 hours. I have to really step on it when I drive to Pittsburgh for lunch, or I just won't make it there in 3 hours! :frown:

I really don't understand any of these food eating competitions, or why anyone would try to eat a 15 Lb burger. We have something like this in Portland, where the challenge is to eat ten-pound steak or similar.

The two things that have most surprised me in the US are the size of the meals served in West Des Moines Iowa, and the sweet tea drank in the south. Though in the deep south, I once had some bacon that was I think about 90% fat. I took a bite before realizing that I was basically served a plate of fried pig lard.

In Iowa, I ate at the only place near the hotels, and the food was absolutely great, but my gawwwwd, they serve enough to kill a horse. My steak was a roast, the salad was easily enough for four people or more, there were several types of bread, a bowl of butter, another bowl filled with sour cream, and another with horse radish...I'm sure there was more, and I don't remember what all was put on my table, but it was absolutely absurd!

Sweet tea is regular tea which is heated, loaded with sugar to the point of saturation, and then drank cold. In some areas in Alabama and Georgia, for example, it is served almost as automatically as is water.

Last edited:
I am reminded of a comic book character (desperate dan) and his cow pies,
was he in the beano or dandy? any way a person who can eat a 15lb burger must larger than life.

1. What are the risks of eating leftovers for 5 hours?

Eating leftovers that have been sitting out for 5 hours can increase the risk of foodborne illness. Bacteria can grow and multiply on food that is left out at room temperature for an extended period of time.

2. Can reheating the leftovers make them safe to eat?

While reheating leftovers can kill some bacteria, it may not eliminate all of them. Additionally, some toxins produced by bacteria cannot be destroyed by reheating. It is safer to discard leftovers that have been left out for 5 hours.

3. How can I prevent my family from having to eat leftovers for 5 hours?

The best way to avoid having to eat leftovers for 5 hours is to properly store and handle food. Leftovers should be refrigerated within 2 hours of cooking and should be consumed within 3-4 days. If you know you won't be able to finish all the food, it's better to store it in the fridge or freezer right away.

4. Is it safe to eat leftovers that have been refrigerated for 5 days?

The general rule is to consume leftovers within 3-4 days. After 5 days, the risk of foodborne illness increases significantly. It is best to discard any leftovers that have been in the fridge for 5 days or more.

5. Can eating leftovers for 5 hours cause long-term health problems?

Eating leftovers for 5 hours may not cause immediate long-term health problems, but it can increase your risk of foodborne illness. Repeatedly consuming leftovers that have been left out for an extended period of time can also weaken your immune system, making you more susceptible to illness in the future.