1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Diode output waveform

1. Nov 9, 2004 #1
    Sketch the output voltage as a function of time. The AC voltage source is [tex]V_{o}cos(\omega)t[/tex] with [tex]V_{o}[/tex] = 10V and [tex]\omega[/tex] = 2000rad/sec.

I have posted a diode circuit question in the attachment

Ok, I think it should be a sine curve with a 10 V amplitude but am not too sure about the period.

What would the output voltage look like if the position of the resistor and diode were switched?

Can someone help me with this please.

student1938

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 9, 2004 #2

ehild

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

What have you learnt about diodes? What are they good for?

As for the period, T , you must know that [tex] \omega =\frac{2\pi}{T}[/tex]

ehild

4. Nov 10, 2004 #3
    I have done clamping, clipping, half wave rectifier and full wave rectifier circuits. For the diagram, I think it is a cos wave with amplitude 10 V but have no idea why. I am genuinely lost here.

student

5. Nov 10, 2004 #4
    Can you explain to me step by step how I would go about reasoning as to what it should look like?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?