I Diophantine equation

The given question required me to solve 7x+4y =100 by using diophantine equation . I get an answer for x = 100 - 4t and y = 200 - 7t . But his given answer is x = 4t and y = 25-7t . I think both of mine and the answer given is correct but I can't figure out how he get another solution

mathman

Science Advisor
The given question required me to solve 7x+4y =100 by using diophantine equation . I get an answer for x = 100 - 4t and y = 200 - 7t . But his given answer is x = 4t and y = 25-7t . I think both of mine and the answer given is correct but I can't figure out how he get another solution
Your answer is obviously incorrect. Using your result, 7x+4y=1500-56t. Your answer is correct for -7x+y=100.

His answer is correct.

mathman

Science Advisor
I think you mean -7x+4y=100.
You are right - my typo.

Your answer is obviously incorrect. Using your result, 7x+4y=1500-56t. Your answer is correct for -7x+y=100.

His answer is correct.
Both answer is correct since both can be used to find the value of x and y , it's just I don't understand how he get the answer using dio phantine method

mathman

Science Advisor
Both answer is correct since both can be used to find the value of x and y , it's just I don't understand how he get the answer using dio phantine method
I am not familiar with the Diophantine method. However, by substituting your answer into the original equation, it is obviously wrong. His answer is obviously correct. I can only guess you are misusing the Diophantine method.