1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs Direct route phd in europe

1. Jun 23, 2012 #1
    Is there any universities in europe offering direct route phds?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2012 #2
    I have no idea what "direct route" means. Do you mean without a masters?

4. Jun 23, 2012 #3
    Yup...

5. Jun 23, 2012 #4
    It's not the best idea to go direct route to PhD because you may be stuck to a project you cant stand.

6. Jun 23, 2012 #5
    Oh, then most of them. All you need is an undergrad degree with an honours thesis, usually at least 2:1. A couple insist on 4 years of study before applying, but most are fine with 3.

7. Jun 23, 2012 #6
    I am currently admitted in ntu singapore with provides a 4yrs physics course and I wish to cut down the number of postgrad yrs to reduce the financial strain to my family while at the same time pursuit my dreams

8. Jun 23, 2012 #7
    If I am not wrong top class uni like cambridge requires a masters.. I mean the criteria to take their masters is a first class hons

9. Jun 23, 2012 #8

in the UK you can get into a 3.5 year PhD course with that degree.

Cambridge and Imperial need 4 years, Oxford, Manchester, UCL, etc only need a 3 year degree

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook