Why did my attachment disappear from my post on Physics Forums?

• Thread starter Studiot
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a user's post on a thread, which included an attachment. However, when the post was first made, the entire post disappeared. The user recreated the post and linked directly to the attachment, but later noticed that the attachment had disappeared from both the thread and their control panel. The user asks for help and is told to try uploading the file again and sending the details to someone named Greg. They thank the person for their help.
Studiot
Last night I posted post#16, including an attachment in this thread.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=659774

When I first posted the entire post disappeared.

I recreated the post a best I could and linked directly (insert picture) to the attachment that was now listed in my control panel.

I see this morning that the words of the post are still there but the attachment has disappeared both from the thread and my control panel.

Help please.

Physics news on Phys.org
I can't see the attachment either and it is not on the attachment list. May have wait for Greg.

What was the file type (extension)?

Try to upload the file again and PM me with the file details, I will edit your post to reinclude the image.

Thank you for the help.

:biggrin:

1. What is "Disappearing Attachment"?

"Disappearing Attachment" is a term used to describe the phenomenon where an individual suddenly loses their emotional attachment to a person or object. This can be a temporary or permanent change and can occur for various reasons such as trauma, changes in relationships, or personal growth.

2. What are the signs of "Disappearing Attachment"?

The signs of "Disappearing Attachment" may include a lack of interest or investment in the person or object, reduced emotional responses, and a decrease in communication or physical contact. Some individuals may also exhibit feelings of detachment or numbness towards the person or object.

3. Can "Disappearing Attachment" be reversed?

It depends on the individual and the underlying reasons for the change in attachment. In some cases, with therapy and understanding of the root causes, the attachment can be restored. However, for others, it may be a permanent change and cannot be reversed.

4. Is "Disappearing Attachment" a mental illness?

No, "Disappearing Attachment" is not a recognized mental illness. It is a natural response to certain experiences and does not necessarily indicate a mental health issue. However, if the detachment is causing distress or impairment in daily life, it may be a symptom of an underlying mental health condition.

5. How can "Disappearing Attachment" affect relationships?

"Disappearing Attachment" can have a significant impact on relationships, as it can lead to distance and disconnection between individuals. It may also cause confusion and hurt in the person who is being detached from. It is essential to communicate openly and seek professional help if needed to address and manage the effects of "Disappearing Attachment" in relationships.