Discussing my explanations and interpretation of quantum mechanics

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of quantum mechanics and its relationship to consciousness. The speaker expressed disagreement with the idea that objects exist independently of themselves, and also brought up the issue of quantifying and measuring subjective experiences in physics. They suggested that the answer to the "hard problem" of consciousness may not lie in quantum physics. Additionally, the speaker advised the writer to cite sources in their work. The thread was closed due to the lack of a specific direction for discussion.
koantum
I would like to start a thread dedicated to discussing my explanations and interpretation of quantum mechanics. They can be found at http://thisquantumworld.com" . Your questions and comments (critical or otherwise) will be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It may be a good idea to write a small summary of your ideas so that people can better understand the "whole."

I read some of it, because you have written a lot, but I disagree with a lot of things.
For instance, several times you say "the objects exists FOR itself and BY itself."
But the problem is that you have not yet described how an object exists independently of itself, for itself.

As you know, there is a problem with physics and mathematics, and particularly abstract statements.
You cannot quantify and measure emotions with mathematics, you can't say "there is this amount of happiness in me right now, and that amount of sadness." for instance.
And this is what physics is based upon, quantifying, measuring and predicting.

For those reading, here's an example.
Let's say a person states the following to another person; "I am not myself."
Well, how can we measure this physically?
We can of course measure neurons in the brain and other brain activity, we can also record and measure the sound waves, but the meaning of the sentence is lost.
What this means is that the meaning, the subjective meaning that the consciousness adds when hearing the sentence, is lost in translation.
This goes for basically any kind of subjective state as far as i know.

I am bringing this up because quantum physics is after all just that, physics.
My point is that you are giving way too much into quantum physics, it's not THAT revolutionairy when it comes to consciousness and qualia.
In fact I propose the answer to the hard problem doesn't lie with quantum physics at all. But I will wait to discuss that for later on, if you want to know more.

Also, you really should cite your sources more in your papers, when you state something as fact.

Anyway I will feel terrible if I haven't read enough of your work though.
Will do that later.

I closed this thread because there is no specific direction given as to what should be discussed. A link to an entire site that contains many different sections is too broad. Just present one position with an argument for it and we'll discuss that.

1. What is quantum mechanics?

Quantum mechanics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior of matter and energy at the atomic and subatomic level. It explains how particles such as atoms and subatomic particles behave and interact with each other.

2. How does quantum mechanics differ from classical mechanics?

Classical mechanics is a branch of physics that describes the motion of objects in the macroscopic world, while quantum mechanics describes the behavior of particles on a microscopic scale. Classical mechanics follows deterministic laws, while quantum mechanics introduces the concept of probability and uncertainty in the behavior of particles.

3. What are some key concepts in quantum mechanics?

Some key concepts in quantum mechanics include superposition, which states that particles can exist in multiple states simultaneously, and entanglement, which describes the interconnectedness of particles even when separated by large distances. Other important concepts include wave-particle duality, tunneling, and the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

4. How does quantum mechanics impact our daily lives?

Quantum mechanics has many practical applications in modern technology, such as in transistors, lasers, and computer memory. It also plays a crucial role in fields such as chemistry, medicine, and materials science. Additionally, our understanding of quantum mechanics has led to the development of new technologies, such as quantum computing, which has the potential to revolutionize information processing.

5. What are some current debates or controversies in the field of quantum mechanics?

One ongoing debate in quantum mechanics is the interpretation of the theory. There are several different interpretations, such as the Copenhagen interpretation, the many-worlds interpretation, and the pilot-wave theory, which all offer different explanations for the behavior of particles. There is also ongoing research and debate surrounding the development of a theory of quantum gravity, which would unite quantum mechanics with general relativity.