Gross Ads: Fat Gut Weight Loss Ad

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
In summary, ". In summary, Cyrus was talking about the ads on PF and how they are paid for by the ads. He also mentioned that there is a solution to loosing weight and that it's not free. He also said that Firefox with adblock plus or noscript can help. Finally, he said that he's going to fill up his signature with weight-loss keywords in hopes of skewing the Google ads.
Cyrus
There is one with a fat persons gut for loosing weight. Ugh.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ugh, now there is another one with close ups of a person wearing braces!

Lol...

Well there is one $olution :smile:...

lisab said:
Lol...

Well there is one $olution :smile:...
I can think of one really cheap solution. Stop watching commercial TV. The content is paid for by the ads. Nothing is free.

turbo-1 said:
I can think of one really cheap solution. Stop watching commercial TV. The content is paid for by the ads. Nothing is free.

I believe Cyrus was referring to ads on PF.

NeoDevin said:
I believe Cyrus was referring to ads on PF.
I don't get ads on PF. Maybe he should go gold... Nothing is free.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/2852/nastyy.png [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
turbo-1 said:
I don't get ads on PF. Maybe he should go gold... Nothing is free.

Neither do I!... Thank God :yuck:

Yeah, I've seen the up-close teeth/braces ad too on another site where I can't control whether or not I see ads. A handful of ads seem to be everywhere these days. I'm glad I can control them here.

I pay 4c per day for the privilege of not seeing ads and keeping our fearless leader Greg out of trouble.

DaveC426913 said:
I pay 4c per day for the privilege of not seeing ads and keeping our fearless leader Greg out of trouble.

How come?! I never paid a penny, and I don't get these ads, not even for once :confused:

turbo-1 said:
Nothing is free.
My personal praise is free.

Gimme a T
Gimme a U
Gimme an R
Gimme a B
Gimme an O
Gimme a hyphen
Gimme a 1
Whaddaya got?
TURBO-1!
YaaaaaaaaAAAYYYYY TURBO-1!

I believe everyone would benefit from a personal cheerleader.

drizzle said:
How come?! I never paid a penny, and I don't get these ads, not even for once :confused:

Are you sleeping with Greg?

DaveC426913 said:
Are you sleeping with Greg?

YOOUU!

You're messing with the wrong person! :grumpy:

Last edited:
drizzle said:

Firefox with adblock plus or noscript?

It doesn't cost that much to join up.

Gimme a D
Gimme an A
Gimme a V
Gimme an E
OK, my fingers are tired, but you get the point.

Go gold and help support a valuable resource.

drizzle said:
Shhhhh...:confused:

Its amazing how the adds follow the threads. If I am in PF main, the ads are about physics tutoring. If I am in the aerospace forum, the ads are about airplanes. When I was in the cats vs dog thread, there was an Ad for cats!

Because those’re 'Google' ADs.

Cyrus said:
Its amazing how the adds follow the threads. If I am in PF main, the ads are about physics tutoring. If I am in the aerospace forum, the ads are about airplanes. When I was in the cats vs dog thread, there was an Ad for cats!
Cough up a few bucks, Cy! For the price of one drink in your airport-theme bar, you can be ad free for a year.

What thread were you viewing to be confronted with a 'fat persons gut'? :rofl:

Monique said:
Must have been one in the "relationships" sub-forum. :devil:

Monique said:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I swear I was laughing for a couple of minutes :rofl:

Maybe we should start a thread for Cyrus. Only beautiful olive-skinned, brown-eyed, brunette females with NO piercings or tattoos would be allowed to post there.

Never mind. Policing that would be tough. We'd probably get Jersey Shore posters, or cougars who are real fans of white patent-leather shoes. Messy, either way. :tongue:

turbo-1 said:
Maybe we should start a thread for Cyrus. Only beautiful olive-skinned, brown-eyed, brunette females with NO piercings or tattoos would be allowed to post there.

Never mind. Policing that would be tough. We'd probably get Jersey Shore posters, or cougars who are real fans of white patent-leather shoes. Messy, either way. :tongue:

I'm going to fill up my signature with weight-loss keywords in hopes of skewing the Google ads in every thread that I post.

Born2bwire said:
I'm going to fill up my signature with weight-loss keywords in hopes of skewing the Google ads in every thread that I post.
That would be hilarious. I want to see screenshots if it works.

turbo-1 said:
I would subscribe to that thread and check it every few seconds for new posts.

Monique said:

:rofl: Though, maybe that one should be in the S&D product claims subforum. Sure looks like one photo of someone slouched and forcing out their gut, then a second photo of them standing straight and sucking in their gut...oh, and of course conveniently placing their hand over their bottom in the second one to hide that their butt didn't actually get any smaller. :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
:rofl: Though, maybe that one should be in the S&D product claims subforum. Sure looks like one photo of someone slouched and forcing out their gut, then a second photo of them standing straight and sucking in their gut...oh, and of course conveniently placing their hand over their bottom in the second one to hide that their butt didn't actually get any smaller. :rolleyes:
There's a whole art to misrepresentation in advertizing. Sometimes when I'm bored I pick them out of commercials.

Just yesterday I saw an 'theirs and ours'-type pizza ad comparison. The wholesome ingredients in our pizza are so wholesome they even add colour to the wood plank it's sitting on! And look, it even improves the kitchen lighting!

But weight loss ones are definitely the worst.

turbo-1 said:

They might be pretend engineers :).

Just more of me to love.

1. What is the "Gross Ads: Fat Gut Weight Loss Ad" about?

The "Gross Ads: Fat Gut Weight Loss Ad" is an advertisement promoting a weight loss product or program targeted towards individuals with excess fat in their abdominal area.

2. Is the "Gross Ads: Fat Gut Weight Loss Ad" effective?

The effectiveness of the "Gross Ads: Fat Gut Weight Loss Ad" cannot be determined without further research. It is important to be cautious of weight loss ads and to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any weight loss program.

3. Are there any potential side effects of using the product advertised in the "Gross Ads: Fat Gut Weight Loss Ad"?

The potential side effects of the product advertised in the "Gross Ads: Fat Gut Weight Loss Ad" are not specified in the ad. It is important to carefully read the product label and consult with a healthcare professional before using any weight loss product.

4. Are there any scientific studies supporting the claims made in the "Gross Ads: Fat Gut Weight Loss Ad"?

The "Gross Ads: Fat Gut Weight Loss Ad" may mention scientific studies, but it is important to critically evaluate the source and validity of these studies. It is recommended to seek out unbiased and reputable sources for information on weight loss and health.

5. Can I trust the information presented in the "Gross Ads: Fat Gut Weight Loss Ad"?

The information presented in the "Gross Ads: Fat Gut Weight Loss Ad" may be biased and should be approached with caution. It is important to do your own research and consult with a healthcare professional before making any decisions about weight loss.