Disney Oceans & Planet Earth: Encouraging Nature Appreciation

In summary, the conversation revolves around the excitement for the upcoming Disney movie "Oceans" and the comparison to previous nature and science documentaries such as BBC's Planet Earth and Blue Planet. Some find the Disney film to be less impressive than the BBC series, while others are looking forward to it. The conversation also mentions how these shows and movies are beneficial in getting people interested in nature and science.
I adored the Discovery's Planet Earth series and Disney's Earth. Is anyone looking forward to Disney Oceans!? I can't wait, I will be at the midnight show! (jk). I think these shows and movies do a great service in getting kids and people interested in nature and science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXLbQrK6cXw

Physics news on Phys.org
Awesome filming. Starts tomorrow too.

Nice, but after BBC series I have seen it is not that impressive.

Borek said:

link?

Borek said:

We have the DVD set of Planet Earth. Our 3 kids (5, 7, and 9) absolutely love them.

If these are half as good as that series,

then Planet Earth was twice as good as Disney's Oceans

Chi Meson said:
We have the DVD set of Planet Earth. Our 3 kids (5, 7, and 9) absolutely love them.

This is a really awkward statement. Basically all you're saying is that Oceans might be on bar with the BBC series? Oceans is not out yet btw.

Chi Meson said:

If I were twice as intelligent as I am, I could understand half of what you wrote. :tongue2:

Chi Meson said:

The first disney movie, Earth, was mostly cut from the 2006 BBC series Planet Earth. I think this movie is new footage, though it could just be a rehashing of the BBC series Blue Planet. Either way, should be interesting.

1. What is the purpose of "Disney Oceans & Planet Earth: Encouraging Nature Appreciation"?

The purpose of "Disney Oceans & Planet Earth: Encouraging Nature Appreciation" is to educate and inspire individuals to appreciate and protect the natural world. Through stunning visuals and informative content, the series aims to foster a deeper understanding and connection with the planet and its diverse ecosystems.

2. How does Disney incorporate conservation efforts into the series?

Disney is committed to conservation and has been actively involved in various initiatives to protect and preserve the environment. In this series, Disney works closely with leading conservation organizations to highlight their efforts and raise awareness about important conservation issues. Additionally, a portion of the series' proceeds goes towards supporting conservation efforts around the world.

3. What can viewers expect to learn from "Disney Oceans & Planet Earth: Encouraging Nature Appreciation"?

Viewers can expect to learn about the incredible diversity of life on our planet, the interconnectedness of all living things, and the impact of human activities on the environment. The series also delves into the fascinating behaviors and adaptations of various species, and the important role each one plays in maintaining a healthy ecosystem.

4. Is this series suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Disney Oceans & Planet Earth: Encouraging Nature Appreciation" is suitable for all ages. The series is designed to be engaging and informative for viewers of all ages, from young children to adults. It is a great resource for families and educators looking to introduce children to the wonders of the natural world.

5. How can I watch "Disney Oceans & Planet Earth: Encouraging Nature Appreciation"?

The series is available for streaming on Disney+ and can also be purchased on DVD or Blu-ray. Additionally, it is often featured on the Disney Channel and National Geographic channel. Check your local listings for upcoming airings.