Displacement and force problem

In summary, the duck has a mass of 2.5 kg and is experiencing a force of 0.10N due east while paddling. The current of the water is also exerting a force of 0.20N in a direction 52 degrees south of east. The velocity of the duck is 0.11m/s in a direction relative to due east, and the forces act for 3.0 seconds. The x component of the forces is 0.22N and the y component is 0.16N.
shortay524
the question is: A duck has a mass of 2.5 kg. As the duck paddles, a force of 0.10N acts on it in a direction due east. In addition, the current of the water exerts a force of 0.20N in a direction of 52 degrees south of east. When these forces begin to act, the celocity of the duck is 0.11m/s in a direction (relative to due east) of the displacement that the duck undergoes in 3.0s while the forces are acting.

I got the x and y components but I am stuck as to where to go from there??

Physics news on Phys.org
What's the actual question; could you quote it word for word, please?

You should also show some work before we can help you. What have you done thus far? How did you find the x and y components?

That was the actual question word for word.

I took the .20N due east and took it times the sin of 52 to give me the y component which gives me .16N
and to find the x component I took the .20N times the cos of 52 to give me one of the x-components and added it to the .10N already stated that was due east and it gave me
.22N

1. What is displacement and force problem?

Displacement and force problem is a type of physics problem that involves calculating the displacement and force of an object based on given information such as initial and final positions, mass, and applied force.

2. How do you calculate displacement and force?

Displacement can be calculated by subtracting the initial position from the final position. Force can be calculated using Newton's second law of motion, which states that force is equal to mass multiplied by acceleration.

3. What are the units for displacement and force?

Displacement is typically measured in meters (m) while force is measured in Newtons (N).

4. What are some real-life applications of displacement and force?

Displacement and force can be applied in various fields such as engineering, sports, and transportation. For example, engineers use displacement and force calculations to design structures and machines, while athletes use them to improve their performance in sports.

5. What are some common misconceptions about displacement and force?

One common misconception is that displacement and force are the same thing. While they are related, displacement refers to the change in position of an object, while force refers to the push or pull on an object. Another misconception is that displacement and force are only relevant in physics, when in fact they can be applied in many other fields as well.