Disqualified in the photo contest

In summary, someone else took the photo you wanted to enter in the You're So Cold contest, you've already submitted one but have others that fit the theme you want to share, or you've previously touched up the photos with some editing software.

These pictures didn't make the final cut (or rather, were randomly ruled out) for the Framing contest.

1. This is a picture taken from inside a tiny cave below the "Diving Board" - a rock ledge at the top of a 1000ft cliff face on Half Dome Mountain, in Yosemite National Park, CA. See smaller pictures for location.

dcsvvp.jpg

21156c8.png
2. This picture - looking towards Vernal Falls, from a wooden bridge across the Merced River - was also taken in Yosemite.

34rues3.png

3. I like this picture because it is naturally framed by the background and the contrast provided by the shade from the trees, rather than by an object in the foreground. It was taken at the base of Mt Moosilauke, in New Hampshire.

20a4g1y.png

Attachments

• dcsvvp.jpg
    dcsvvp.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 337
  • 2v8g2f4.png
    2v8g2f4.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 320
  • 21156c8.png
    21156c8.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 34rues3.png
    34rues3.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Borek's thread of pictures from Białowieża reminded me of another picture I had that would've been suitable for the 'Framing' contest:

161nurm.png

It is a rather hurried picture taken in some nearby woods, during an Orienteering competition.