1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Distance Learning

1. Nov 7, 2005 #1
    I'm currently studying mathematics on my own, since it will be another 2 years or so before I can return to school full time. I'm looking for schools that offer classes in mathematics at a distance, trying to get some actual credits taken care of in advance.

The University of Minnesota offers somestuff, but they only have four classes.

If anyone knows of a good distance education program in mathematics, please let me know.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2005 #2
    re:math online

Try Brevard Community College in Florida @ brevardcc.edu. They offer Calculus through Calc 3, Linear Algebra and Differential equations. I'm taking an online course there now and am favorably impressed by both their staff and their software.
    Good luck to you

4. Dec 16, 2005 #3
    Ellis College in N.Y has an online bachelor degree in Interdisciplinary Studies with a math/physics concentration. They are fully accredited but I do not know if you can use it to go on to a post-grad degree. I'm trying to figure out the best path for distance learning myself.

5. Dec 17, 2005 #4
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?