1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Distance Math learning.

1. Sep 11, 2011 #1
    I am in 11th grade right now (two years left in school) and I want to ask you, if there are any international courses on Mathematics which are being taught in distance.
    Or maybe they send theory + exercises and problems, and students need to solve those till a specified date (this would be even better)? Thank you for your time.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 11, 2011 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

What kind of mathematics?

4. Sep 11, 2011 #3
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
  5. Sep 11, 2011 #4
    Any kind, just not too high for an 11th grader.

yenchin, thanks, I will check that out.

6. Sep 11, 2011 #5
    You might consider using Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org). They have videos and exercise problems on the site.

Also, "any kind" is way too vague. I've seen 11th graders take any math from Algebra 2 to AP Calc BC. Khan Academy has exercises up to about calc 1 at the moment, but they have videos through multivariable calc, linear algebra, and differential equations.

7. Sep 12, 2011 #6
    Many universities offer distance courses, some of them at high-school level. In Canada the best well-known is Athabasca (in Alberta), but TRU (in BC) also has some.

http://www2.athabascau.ca/course/ug_subject/im.php

Many will offer reduced rates for students in their own Province. I believe the situation is similar in the US.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook