1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Distance traveled by block attached to cylinder

1. Jun 19, 2005 #1
    Ok so i found the angular accleration when the block of the mass is attached to the cylinder to be 70.03 when the mass weighs .47 kg. But i am having trouble finding the distance it has travelled from 0.51 s to .71 s assuming that at 0s the motion has begun. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 19, 2005 #2
    If the angular acceleration is constant, use the angular form of displacement for constant acceleration. The distance between 0.51s and 0.71s is the difference between the total distance travelled in 0.51s and 0.71s

4. Jun 19, 2005 #3
    i understand that you should find the distances of each time and subtract to find the distance travelled within that time but I don't understand how to find the velocity because the equation to find displacement requires aninitial velocity.

5. Jun 19, 2005 #4
    State the entire problem then

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?