Distributed load question

In summary, a distributed load is a type of load that is spread out over a certain area or length, and is calculated by dividing the total load by the area or length. Examples include the weight of people on a bridge, water pressure on a dam, and snow on a roof. It is important to consider and properly manage distributed loads to ensure the safety and functionality of structures and systems. This can be done through design, engineering techniques, and regular maintenance and inspections.
curtain
Referring the question and my own worked out solution in the attachment, I could not get to the answer given that is Ra= 200 N, and Rc = 1300 N. Is there any calculation mistake I made?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 384
  • Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 430
Physics news on Phys.org
Check your moment calculation for the triangular portion of the distributed load. I think there is an error there.

What is a distributed load?

A distributed load is a type of load that is spread out or distributed over a certain area or length. This is in contrast to a concentrated load, which is applied at a single point.

How is a distributed load calculated?

A distributed load is typically calculated by dividing the total load by the area or length over which it is distributed. This gives the load per unit area or length, which can then be used in equations to determine the total amount of force or stress.

What are some examples of distributed loads?

Some examples of distributed loads include the weight of people on a bridge, the force of water pressure on a dam, and the weight of snow on a roof. These loads are distributed over a certain area or length and can have varying magnitudes and distributions.

Why is it important to consider distributed loads?

It is important to consider distributed loads because they can have a significant impact on the structural integrity and stability of a system. Understanding and accurately calculating distributed loads is crucial for ensuring the safety and functionality of structures and systems.

How can distributed loads be managed or minimized?

Distributed loads can be managed or minimized through proper design and engineering techniques. This may include redistributing the load, reinforcing the structure to handle the load, or using materials that can better withstand distributed loads. Regular maintenance and inspections can also help identify and address any potential issues related to distributed loads.