1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools DIT university

1. Jan 16, 2009 #1
    Hello,
    i am seriously thinking of persuing a culinary arts (!) career so as to become a grand chef someday,hopefully.I know that the best schools for that purpose are located in Italy and France but i can't speak their languages.
    I try to spot really good schools. Since i live in Europe i seek after culinary arts schools in English speaking countries(omg i can speak english :p),within EU borders.Any suggestions?

I found out that Dublin University(DIT) of Ireland has a 4 years course leading to a BA in culinary Arts.

I would be much obliged if someone has first hand information about that specific university course,preferably from Ireland citizens.Is it really good in terms of competence?Does it have a good reputation?Does it worth it? Or, you just graduate with poor cooking knowledge/skills unable to get a good job?Any advise would be of great help,i have 13 more days time-margin to submit my application...i email-ed to the director of that faculty asking details,i got no response and the DIT website provides some information,but it is just advertisement and promotion. Thanks for your time :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 16, 2009 #2
    This is a science forum... maybe someone can help you here, but I doubt it.

Have you tried finding any culinary message boards to ask your question on?

Anyway, good luck, and welcome... sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?